Job Title: Behavioral Health Technician
Department: Client Services
Reports To: Housing Coordinator
<!-- [if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
- Competitive salary with scheduled increases
- Robust medical, mental health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- 401k with Company match
- 5 days vacation, 5 sick days (10 days PTO after first year)
- Sponsored CAC class or Recovery Coach certification options available
- Supervision hours provided
- Professional Development program that provides advancement opportunities in company
Summary: AspenRidge is a growing company seeking mission-driven, dedicated and professional teammates focused on making a difference in the world. You will provide mentorship and guidance during non-clinical hours to clients. This is a 3.5 days-a-week, live-in position. Provides an array of services by performing the following duties. An excellent on-ramp for
- Transports clients to and from the clinical center, to and from 12 step meetings, to the hospital or doctor, and other locations as directed.
- Ensures that clients attend, and appropriately participate in, designated 12 step meetings.
- Assists in the education and practicing of life skills, including: cooking, cleaning, shopping, budgeting, laundry, job hunting and appropriate public communication.
- Introduces clients to 12 step program of recovery, its' processes, culture, language and ideals.
- Responsible for the facilitation of house meetings and relaying any pertinent information to the appropriate level of management.
- Responsible for the facilitation of big book study.
- Notifies the Director of Client services and Clinical Staff immediately in the event of any client clinical crises; emotional crises, threats of self or other harm, threats to leave treatment, leaving the house without permission or against established rules.
- Notifies the Director of Client Services in the event of any other serious, unusual situations.
- Maintains current knowledge of and follows all AspenRidge policies and procedures.
- Keeps Clinical Staff informed of all pertinent information regarding clients.
- Keeps Management Staff informed regarding any issues with the building, including: needed repairs, faulty equipment, need for professional cleaning, pests, or any other situation that may affect the safety or well-being of the clients or visitors.
- Responsible for calling 911 and then immediately informing senior management in the event of any medical emergency.
- Maintains appropriate, professional, therapeutic boundaries with current, and past according to best practice, clients at all times.
- Keeps clinical management informed of clients’ failure to comply with any behavioral or medical contract.
- Ensures that AspenRidge rules are enforced and that clients are held appropriately accountable, keeping management informed.
- Completes the CAC-I certification processed, provided at AspenRidge, and in-so-doing register with DORA.
- Maintains current knowledge of the Colorado mental health statute, code of ethics and best practices for certified addiction counselors.
- Conducts urine screens as directed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Alignment with AspenRidge culture:
In pursuit of excellence, WE:
<!-- [if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Embrace a growth mindset
<!-- [if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Help each other
<!-- [if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Seek balance
<!-- [if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Do what’s right
<!-- [if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Encourage and inspire
<!-- [if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Show up